The second most nerve-wracking aspect of choosing a business name is distilling what you offer into under five words.
A well-crafted tagline will distinguish you from your competition and define the essence of your offerings.
- I’m Lovin’ It
- Think Different
- Just Do It
A tagline is similar to a slogan, the difference is that a slogan changes with your marketing campaigns. The tagline, often presented graphically with your logo never changes.
Here are the guidelines:
- Needs to be short and easy to recall. Under five words is ideal.
- Try to make it rhyme or use a play on words if you can.
- Cannot be generic. Nothing like : “We Give Great Customer Service.”
- Must be connected to the outcome of having done business with you.
- Must reflect your brands mission, vision and values.
- Make it timeless.
- Don’t make promises, communicate benefits.